2008 Article for Bangkok's State of Emergency
This translation of a non-English source text has been given the following ratings:
So as to remedy the State of Emergency and to prevent the virulence of the circumstances forthwith; by virtue of Section 7 Paragraph Two and Paragraph Four, and Section 10 of the Emergency Decree on Public Administration in Emergency Situation, BE 2548 (2005) which is a legislation containing certain provisions in connection with the restriction of personal rights and liberties; however, Section 29 incorporating Section 32, Section 33, Section 34, Section 36, Section 38, Section 41, Section 43, Section 45 and Section 63 of the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand prescribed that it can be made by virtue of the legal provisions; the Prime Minister thereby issued an article as follows:
- 1. gathering or assemblage of more than five persons within Bangkok Metropolis and commission of any act which may cause insurgency are banned;
- 2. press release, distribution or dissemination of letters, publications or any other information containing the matters which may instigate apprehension amongst the people or is intended to distort information in order to mislead an understanding of the State of Emergency to the extent of affecting the security of state or public peace and order or good moral of the people are banned throughout the Kingdom;
- 3. use of communication route or vehicle are banned; however, the Leader of the Chief Officers responsible for remedy of the State of Emergency may prescribe the conditions for which;
- 4. use of building, or entry into or staying in any place, or entry into any area are banned; however, the Leader of the Chief Officers responsible for remedy of the State of Emergency may prescribe the conditions for which;
- 5. the Leader of the Chief Officers responsible for remedy of the State of Emergency shall have power to evacuate the people from the are he determined in order to maintain the public safety or to issue a ban on entry into the said area.
For the purpose to prevent the immoderation of the exercise of powers and the grievance which may be occurred amongst the public, the Leader of the Chief Officers responsible for remedy of the State of Emergency may prescribe the period of time for the compliance of aforementioned article or prescribed the conditions for the discharge of duties of the competent authorities as he thinks fit.
This Article shall have immediate effect.
Announced on the 2nd Day of September BE 2551 (2008)
Notes and References
- สำนักงานคณะกรรมการกฤษฎีกา. (2549, 7 กรกฎาคม). พระราชบัญญัติลิขสิทธิ์ พ.ศ. 2537. [ออนไลน์]. เข้าถึงได้จาก: http://www.krisdika.go.th/lawHeadPDF.jsp?formatFile=pdf&hID=0. (เข้าถึงเมื่อ: 4 กันยายน 2551).
- Published in the Government Gazette, vol 125, pt 144 D, special issue, pp 4-5, dated 2 September BE 2551 (2008)