A glossary of words used in the neighbourhood of Sheffield
|A glossary of words used in the neighbourhood of Sheffield
including a selection of local names, and some notices of folklore games, and customs (1888)
|Published for the English Dialect Society by Trubner & Co., Ludgate Hill, London 1888.|
Table of Contents. 
NB The reader who consults this Glossary should not omit the Addenda and Errata.
- Area comprised in the Glossary
- Dialectal Work previously done by others, and the Author's mode of compilation
- Books written in the Dialect
- Folk-lore, Customs, etc.
- The Geographical or Ethnological Position of Sheffield as regards Dialect
- The Author of the Catholicon Anglicum
- Local Names
- The place where 'Robin Hood' was born
- Books cited
- List of Abbreviations
- Addenda and Errata
- List of Commons in the Manor of Sheffield in 1637
|This work is in the public domain in the United States because it was published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1933, so this work is also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 75 years or less. This work may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.