Author:Arthur Anthony Macdonell
|←Author Index: Ma||Arthur Anthony Macdonell
Sanskrit scholar. Professor of Sanskrit, Oxford.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "A. A. M."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. A. M."
- A History of Sanskrit Literature, 1900
- Vedic Grammar, 1910
- The Brhad-Devata Attributed to Saunaka : A Summary of the Deities and Myths of the Rgveda; Critically edited in the original Sanskrit with an introduction and seven appendices and translated into English with critical and illustrative notes, 1904
- History of Vedic Grammar
- History of Vedic Mythology
- A Sanskrit Grammar for Students
- Hymns From The Rigveda : Selected And Metrically Translated, The Heritage Of India Series (Calcutta, London, 1922))
- Fraser, James (1713-1754) (DNB01)
- Max Müller, Friedrich (DNB01)
- Monier-Williams, Monier (DNB01)
- Griffith, Ralph Thomas Hotchkin (DNB12)
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1930, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.