Author:Allan Cunningham (1791-1839)
(Redirected from Author:Allan Cunningham (botanist))
For authors with similar names, see Author:Allan Cunningham.
|←Author Index: Cu||Allan Cunningham
|English botanist and explorer, best known for his expeditions in eastern Australia.|
Works by Cunningham
- Cunningham, Allan (1825), "A specimen of the indigenous botany of the mountainous country round Port Jackson and the settlement at Bathurst" in Field, Barron (ed.), Geographical memoirs of New South Wales
- Cunningham, Allan (1825), "Journal of a rout from Bathurst to Liverpool Plains", in Field, Barron (ed.), Geographical memoirs of New South Wales
- Cunningham, Allan (1827), "A few general remarks on the vegetation of certain coaste of Terra Australis and more especially of its northern shores" in King, Philip Parker, Narrative of a survey of the inter-tropical and western coasts of Australia.
- Cunningham probably also wrote the appendix on native languages in this work
- Cunningham, Allan (1828), "The late tour of A. Cunningham Esq." in Australian Quarterly Journal
- Cunningham, Allan (1832). "Brief view of the progress of interior discovery in New South Wales" in Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society of London 2.
- Cunningham, Allan (1832). "On the physical and geological structure of the country to the west of the dividing range between Hunter's River and Moreton Bay" in Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society of London 2.
- Cunningham, Allan (1836–39), "Floræ insularum Novæ Zelandiæ Precursor; or a Specimen of the Botany of the Islands of New Zealand", serialised in Annals and magazine of natural history 1–4 and also the Companion to the Botanical Magazine.
- Cunningham, Allan (1839), "On the habits of the Apteryx australis, a bird of New Zealand, closely allied to the Struthionidae and named by the native inhabitants 'Kiwi'" in Annals and magazine of natural history 4.
Works about Cunningham
- Heward, Robert (1842), Biographical sketch of the late Allan Cunningham, Esq., F.L.S., M.R.G.S., &c.
- “Cunningham, Allan (1791-1839),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|