Author:Benjamin Smith Barton
|←Author Index: Ba||Benjamin Smith Barton
|American botanist, naturalist, and physician.|
- Memoir Concerning the Fascinating Faculty Which Has been Ascribed to the Rattle-Snake (1796)
- Etymology of Certain English Words and on Their Affinity to Words in the Languages of Different European, Asiatic and American (Indian) Nations and a text on the origin of the first American people, New Views of the Origin of the Tribes and Nations of America (1797).
- Collections for An Essay Towards a Materia Medica of the United-States (1798-1804)
- Elements of botany, or Outlines of the natural history of vegetables (1803)
- Edited the Philadelphia Medical and Physical Journal (1802-05)
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.