Author:Charles Robert Darwin
(Redirected from Author:Charles Darwin)
|←Author Index: Da||Charles Robert Darwin
- The Autobiography of Charles Darwin edited by Francis Darwin
- Volume III of Robert FitzRoy's Narrative of the surveying voyages of H.M.S. Adventure and Beagle
- The Zoology of the Voyage of H.M.S. Beagle
- On the tendency of species to form varieties; and on the Perpetuation of Varieties and Species by Natural Means of Selection (1858) paper with Alfred Wallace
- On the origin of species by means of natural selection (1859)
- Journal of researches into the natural history and geology of the countries visited during the voyage of H.M.S. Beagle round the world (Voyage of the Beagle) (1860) [index]
- The Variation of Animals and Plants under Domestication (1868)
- The Descent of Man and Selection in Relation to Sex (1871)
- A Biographical Sketch of an Infant (1877)
- The structure and distribution of coral reefs (1897) with Thomas George Bonney
- A Naturalist's Voyage Round the World
- The Various Contrivances by which Orchids are Fertilized by Insects
- Insectivorous Plants
- The Movements and Habits of Climbing Plants
- The Different Forms of Flowers on Plants of the Same Species
- The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals (1872)
- Geological Observations on Volcanic Islands.
- Geological Observations on South America
- A Monograph of the Cirripedia
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- “Inheritance,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 19, September 1881
- “The Boyhood of Darwin,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 32, December 1887
- “Darwin on the Fuegians and Patagonians,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 36, April 1890
Works about Darwin
- “Darwin, Charles Robert,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- “Darwin, Charles Robert” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Darwin, Charles Robert” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- Charles B. Davenport and Ernest Ingersoll, “Darwin, Charles Robert,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Darwin, Charles Robert” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Darwin, Charles Robert,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- "C. R. Darwin, F.R.S." in Cartoon portraits and biographical sketches of men of the day, by anonymous, illustrated by Frederick Waddy, London: Tinsley Brothers, 1873.
- "Darwin's Life", by George Edward Woodberry from Studies in letters and life (1890).
- "Darwin's Voyage of the Beagle", by George Howard Parker in The Harvard Classics Vol. 51, 1914.
- “Estimate of Darwin,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 5, August 1874
- Charles Robert Darwin, by John Hutton Balfour in the Transactions & Proceedings of the Botanical Society of Edinburgh
- Charles Darwin, Controversial Scientist, Dies at 73
- Charles Darwin, by Thomas Huxley in Proceedings of the Royal Society, Volume 44 (1888)
- “Obituary: Charles Robert Darwin” in The Times (1882)
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|