Author:Charles Hercules Read
|←Author Index: Re||Sir Charles Hercules Read
|President of the Society of Antiquaries; Keeper of British and medieval antiquities in the British Museum.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "C. H. R."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles written by this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "C. H. Rd"
- The Waddesdon Bequest (1899)
- A Guide to the Antiquities of the Bronze Age (1904)
- A Guide to the Antiquities of the Early Iron Age(1905)
- “Archaeology” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Drinking Vessels” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
Works about Read 
- Birthday Honours, 1912 in The Times
- "READ, Charles Hercules" (1907). Who's Who, 59: p. 1461.
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1929, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.