Author:Charles Isidore Hemans
|←Author Index: He||Charles Isidore Hemans
|British born Roman and Italian ecclesiastical historian|
- Cursory notes in illustration of the sculptures in the Vatican museum 1848
- Lent and the Holy Week in Rome 1856
- Catholic Italy, pt. i. Rome and Papal States, 1860.
- The Story of Monuments in Rome and her Environs, Florence, 1864–5, 2 parts.
- A History of Ancient Christianity and Sacred Art in Italy, London, 1866.
- A History of Mediæval Christianity and Sacred Art in Italy, A.D. 900–1450. In Rome from 1350 to 1500, 1869–72, 2 vols. A sequel to the previous work.
- Historic and Monumental Rome, a handbook, London, 1874.
- “Hemans, Charles Isidore,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|