Author:Charles William Wilson
|←Author Index: Wi||Major-General Sir Charles William Wilson
K.C.B., K.C.M.G., F.R.S., R.E. Secretary to the North American Boundary Commission, 1858-1862. British Commissioner on the Servian Boundary Commission. Director-General of the Ordnance Survey, 1886-1894. Director-General of Military Education, 1895-1898. Author of From Korti to Khartum; Life of Lord Clive; &c.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "C. W. W."
- “Ararat (mountain)” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Armenia” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Asia Minor” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Caesarea Mazaca” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911. (in part)
- “Diarbekr” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911. (in part)
Works about Wilson
- “Wilson, Charles William,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.