Author:Clements Robert Markham
|←Author Index: Ma||Clements Robert Markham
Clements Robert Markham on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
English explorer, author and geographer. As President of the Royal Geographical Society in the late nineteenth century, Markham was instrumental in financing British exploration of the polar areas.— Excerpted from |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "C. R. M."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles written by this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "C. R. M."
- Franklin's Footsteps (1852) London, Chapman and Hall
- Cuzco...and Lima (1856) London, Chapman and Hall (External scan)
- Travels in Peru and India (1862) London, John Murray (External scan)
- Contribution Toward a Grammar and Dictionary of Quichua (1864) London, Trubner & Co, (External scan)
- A History of the Abyssinian Expedition (1869) London, Macmillan
- A Life of the Great Lord Fairfax (1870) London, Macmillan (External scan)
- Ollanta: an ancient Ynca drama (1871) London, Trubner & Co (External scan)
- The Countess of Chinchon and the cinchona genus (1874) London, Trubner & Co
- General Sketch of the History of Persia (1874) London, Longman Green
- The Threshold of the Unknown Regions(1875) London, Samson Low (External scan)
- Narrative of the mission of George Bogle to Tibet (1877) London, Trubner & Co
- A Memoir of the Indian Surveys (1878) London, W.H. Allen (External scan)
- Peruvian Bark (1880) London, John Murray (External scan)
- The Voyages of William Baffin, 1612-1622 (1881) London, Hakluyt Society
- The War between Peru and Chile (1881) London, Samson Low (External scan)
- A narrative of the life of Admiral John Markham (1883) London, Low Marston Searle & Rivington (External scan)
- The Sea Fathers (1885) London, Cassell (External scan)
- Life of Robert Fairfax of Steeton, Vice-admiral (1885) London, MacMillan & Co, (External scan)
- The Fighting Veres (1888) London, Samson Low (External scan)
- The Life of John Davis the Navigator (1889) London, George Philip and Son (External scan)
- The Life of Christopher Columbus (1892) London, George Philip and Son
- The History of Peru (1892) Chicago, Charles H Sergel (External scan)
- Major James Rennel and the Rise of Modern English Geography (1895) London, Cassell & Co (External scan)
- The paladins of Edwin the Great (1896) London, Adam & Charles Black (External scan)
- Richard III: his life and character (1906) London, Smith, Elder & Co
- The Story of Minorca and Majorca (1909) London, Smith, Elder & Co (External scan)
- The Incas of Peru (1912) London, John Murray (External scan)
- The Lands of Silence (completed by F.H.H. Guillemard) (1921) Cambridge, Cambridge University Press
- Expeditions into the Valley of the Amazons, 1539, 1540, 1639. (1859), London, The Hakluyt Society
- Narrative of the Embassy of Ruy Gonzalez de Clavijo to the Court of Timour, at Samarcand, A.D. 1403-6. (1859), London, The Hakluyt Society
- The Life and Acts of Don Alonzo Enriquez de Guzman, a Knight of Seville, of the Order of Santiago, A.D. 1518 to 1543. (1862), London, The Hakluyt Society
- The Travels of Pedro de Cieza de León, A.D. 1532-50, contained in the First Part of his Chronicle of Peru. (1864), London, The Hakluyt Society
- [[Narrative of the Proceedings of Pedrarias Davila by [[Author:Pascual de Andagoya|Pascual de Andagoya (1865), London, The Hakluyt Society
- First Part of the Royal Commentaries of the Yncas by the Ynca Garcillasso de la Vega. Volume I (1869); Volume II (1871), London, The Hakluyt Society
- Reports on the Discovery of Peru (1872), London, The Hakluyt Society
- Narratives of the Rites and Laws of the Yncas (1873), London, The Hakluyt Society
- The Natural and Moral History of the Indies (1880), London, The Hakluyt Society
- The Second Part of the Chronicle of Peru by Pedro de Cieza de León (1883), London, The Hakluyt Society
Articles in Popular Science Monthly 
- “Arctic Ice-Travels,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 7, August 1875
- Comment on (p.344) “Proposed System of Continuous Polar Exploration,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 49, July 1896
- Fairfax, Charles (fl.1604)
- Fairfax, Thomas (1692-1782)
- Markham, Francis
- Markham, Gervase
- Markham, Griffin
- Rennell, James
Contribution to [[EB1911
Works about Markham 
- “Markham, Sir Clements Robert” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Knighthood: Clements Robert Markham” in The Times (1896)
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1916, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.