Author:Coe Finch Austin
|←Author Index: Au||Coe Finch Austin
|John Torrey at Columbia University. Collected in Central New York, New England and New Jersey.New York state botanist who specialized in mosses and ferns. Curator of plants for|
- Characters of some new Hepaticae (mostly North American), together with notes on a few imperfectly described species (1869)
- Musci Appalachiani (1870)
- “Notes and Criticisms on Hepaticæ Americanæ Exsiccatæ” in Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club 6:85 (1876)
- Notes in the margins of Specimen Florae Americae Septentrionalis Cryptogamicae, by L. D. von Schweinitz, 1821, including:
- "I have on the margins, under Schweinitz's name placed what I conceive to be the correct names of the species as represented in Herb. Torrey — C. F. A.
- "Schweinitz's Hepaticae,"
- "Hepaticae in Herb. Torrey."
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.