|←Author Index: Ge||Conrad Gesner
|Swiss naturalist and bibliographer|
- Catalogus plantarum, 1542
- Historiae animalium. 1551-1587
- 1. De qadrupedibus viviparis, 1551
- 2. De qadrupedibus oviparis, 1554
- 3. Qui est de avium natura, 1555
- 4. Qui est de piscium et aquatilium animantium natura, 1558
- 5. De serpentium natura, 1587 (posthumous)
- Icones animalium quadrupedum viviparorum et oviparorum, 1553
- De balneis, 1553
- Gesner, Conrad; Morvvying, Peter (translator) (1559), The treasure of Euonymus
- Nomenclator aquatilium animantium, 1560
- Topsel, Edward (ed.) (1658), The history of four-footed beasts and serpents
- "collected out of the writings of Conradus Gesner and other authors"
Works about Gesner
- Bay, Jens Christian (1916), "Conrad Gesner (1516–1565), the Father of Bibliography]" in Papers of the Bibliographical Society of America 10: 53–58.
- Reprinted separately as Conrad Gesner, the Father of Bibliography (1916).
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.