Author:Courtenay Peregrine Ilbert
|←Author Index: Il||Sir Courtenay Peregrine Ilbert
 Clerk of the House of Commons. Chairman of Statute Law Committee. Parliamentary Counsel to the Treasury, 1899–1901. Legal Member of Council of Governor-General of India, 1882–1886; President 1886. Fellow of the British Academy. Author of The Government of India; Legislative Method and Forms.
K.C.B., K.C.S.I., C.I.E. Administrator in India and legal writer.|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles written by this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "C. P. I."
- The Government of India
- Legislative Methods and Forms
- The Mechanics of Law Making
- Montesquieu (1904)
- The New Constitution of India
- “Evidence” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- Buckland, C. E. (1906). "ILBERT, SIR COURTENAY PEREGRINE", entry in Dictionary of Indian Biography. London: Swan Sonnenschein & Co., p. 215.
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1924, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.