|←Author Index: Do||Edward Dowden
Irish literary critic and poet; Professor of English Literature in the University of Dublin.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "E. D."
- Shakspere : a critical study of his mind and art (1875) 
- Poems (1876) 
- Shakespeare Primer (1877)
- Southey (1879) 
- The life of Percy Bysshe Shelley (1886) 
- Introduction to Shakespeare (1893) 
- A History of French Literature (1897) 
- The French revolution and English literature; lectures delivered in connection with the sesquicentennial celebration of Princeton university (1897) 
- New studies in literature (1902) 
- Robert Browning (1904) 
- Michel de Montaigne (1905) 
- Milton (1908) 
- Studies in literature, 1789-1877 (1909) 
- Essays modern and Elizabethan (1910) 
- Puritan and Anglican; studies in literature (1910) 
- Transcripts and studies (1910) 
- A woman's reliquary (1913) 
- Letters of Edward Dowden and his correspondents (1914) 
- Fragments from old letters, - E.D. to E.D.W., 1869-1892 (1914) in 2 vols. v.1 v.2
- The Life of Robert Browning (1915) 
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1913, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 99 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.