|←Author Index: Do||Edward Dowden
Irish literary critic and poet; Professor of English Literature in the University of Dublin.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "E. D."
- Shakspere : a critical study of his mind and art (1875) 
- Poems (1876) 
- Shakespeare Primer (1877)
- Southey (1879) 
- The life of Percy Bysshe Shelley (1886) 
- Introduction to Shakespeare (1893) 
- A History of French Literature (1897) 
- The French revolution and English literature; lectures delivered in connection with the sesquicentennial celebration of Princeton university (1897) 
- New studies in literature (1902) 
- Robert Browning (1904) 
- Michel de Montaigne (1905) 
- Milton (1908) 
- Studies in literature, 1789-1877 (1909) 
- Essays modern and Elizabethan (1910) 
- Puritan and Anglican; studies in literature (1910) 
- Transcripts and studies (1910) 
- A woman's reliquary (1913) 
- Letters of Edward Dowden and his correspondents (1914) 
- Fragments from old letters, - E.D. to E.D.W., 1869-1892 (1914) in 2 vols. v.1 v.2
- The Life of Robert Browning (1915) 
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.