|←Author Index: Gi||Edward Gibbon
|English historian and Member of Parliament.|
- Essai sur l’Étude de la Littérature (1761, French)
- Critical Observations on the Sixth Book of the Æneid (1770)
- Memoirs of my Life and Writings
Works about Gibbon
- "Gibbon's Autobiography" in Studies of a Biographer, Vol. 1 (1898) by Leslie Stephen
- “Gibbon, Edward,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Gibbon, Edward” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.