Author:Edward Livingston Youmans
(Redirected from Author:Edward L. Youmans)
|←Author Index: Yo||Edward Livingston Youmans
|Popular Science magazine.American scientific writer, editor, and lecturer and founder of|
- Brief explanations of a new chart of chemistry: Upon which the fundamental principles of the science ... are represented to the eye by diagrams and colors in the clearest manner (1850)
- Alcohol and the constitution of man;: Being a scientific account of the chemical properties of alcohol, and its leading effects upon the healthy human constitution (1854)
- Chemical atlas;: Or, The chemistry of familiar objects (1856)
- A class-book of chemistry: In which the principles of the science are familiarly explained and applied to the arts, agriculture, physiology, dietetics ...(1859)
- Handbook of household science: A popular account of heat, light, air, aliment, & cleansing in their scientific principles & domestic application (1864)
- The correlation and conservation of forces: A series of expositions by Prof. Grove ... (1867)
- The culture demanded by modern life: A series of addresses and arguments on the claims of scientific education (1867)
- Observations on the scientific study of human nature: A lecture delivered before the London College of Preceptors, October 10, 1866 (1867)
- The scientific basis of prohibition (1871)
- Herbert Spencer on the Americans and the Americans on Herbert Spencer: Being a full report of his interview, and of the proceedings of the farewell banquet of Nov. 11, 1882 (1883)
- Popular Science Monthly, editor 1872-1887
Articles in The American Cyclopædia
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- “Sketch of Edward L. Youmans,” by Eliza Ann Youmans in Popular Science Monthly Volume 30, March 1887
- “Editor's Table,” by William Jay Youmans in Popular Science Monthly Volume 30, March 1887
- “Youmans, Edward Livingston,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1889.
- “Youmans, Edward Livingston,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Youmans, Edward Livingston” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|