|←Author Index: In||Elizabeth Inchbald
|English novelist and dramatist; married actor Joseph Inchbald (1735–1779); daughter of John Simpson.|
- Mogul Tale (1784)
- I'll Tell you What (1785)
- Appearance is against Them (1785)
- Such Things Are
- The Married Man
- The Wedding Day
- A Simple Story (1791)
- Nature and Art (1796)
- The British Theatre; Or, A Collection of Plays in 25 vols.
- The Modern Theatre in 10 vols.
- “Inchbald, Mrs. Elizabeth” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Elizabeth Inchbald,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- “Inchbald, Elizabeth,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|