Author:Ethel Brilliana Tweedie
|←Author Index: Tw||Ethel Brilliana Tweedie
English travel writer and journalist. Wrote as Mrs. Alec Tweedie.|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "E. A. T."
- The Oberammergau Passion Play (1890)
- A Winter Jaunt to Norway (1894)
- A Girl's Ride in Iceland (1894)
- Danish versus English Butter-Making (1895)
- Wilton, Q.C.; Or, Life In A Highland Shooting-Box (1895)
- Through Finland in Carts (1897)
- The First College Open To Women: Queens College, London: Memories and Records of Work Done, 1848-1898 (1898)
- Mexico as I saw it (1901)
- Behind The Footlights (1904)
- Sunny Sicily: Its Rustics and Its Ruins (1904)
- Porfirio Diaz, Seven Times President of Mexico (1906)
- Porfirio Diaz: The Maker Of Modern Mexico (1906)
- Hyde Park, its history and romance 1908
- Thirteen Years of a Busy Woman's Life (1912)
- America As I Saw It; Or, America Revisited (1913)
- Busy Days: A Birthday Book (1913)
- Women the World Over: A Sketch Both Light and Gay, Perchance Both Dull and Stupid (1914)
- My Tablecloths: A Few Reminiscences (1916)
- Mexico: From Diaz To The Kaiser (1917)
- Women and Soldiers (1918)
- A Woman On Four Battle-Fronts (1919)
- Mainly East (In Prose - Perhaps Prosey) (1923)
- An Adventurous Journey (Russia-Siberia-China) (1926)
- Cremation the World Around (1932)
- Manchuria, Japan and China: water colour drawings by Mrs. Alec-Tweedie (1932)
- Tight Corners of My Adventurous Life (1933)
- My Legacy Cruise (the Peak Year of My Life) (1936)
- The Preface to Prescott's History of Mexico (?)
- “Diaz, Porfirio” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- "TWEEDIE, Mrs. Alec" (1907). Who's Who, 59: p. 1783.
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1940, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 70 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.