|←Author Index: Ab||Evelyn Abbott
English classical scholar. Fellow and Tutor of Balliol College, Oxford.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "E.A."
- Elements of Greek Accidence (1874)
- Antigone (1874)
- History of Greece 3 vols. (1888-1900)
- Pericles and the Golden Age of Athens (1891)
- The Life and Letters of Benjamin Jowett, M.A., Master of Balliol College, Oxford (1897)
- A Skeleton Outline of Greek History (1910) at Internet Archive
- A Collection Of Essays On Greek Poetry, Philosophy, History And Religion
- Easy Greek Reader
- Fifth Greek Reader
- The History Of Antiquity from the German Of Professor Max Duncker (Vol iii) (1879) at Internet Archive
Works about Abbott
- “Abbott, Evelyn,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.