(Redirected from Author:Frances D'Arblay)
|←Author Index: Bu||Frances Burney
|An English novelist, diarist, and playwright|
Daughter and biographer of Charles Burney.
- Brief Reflections Relative to the French Emigrant Clergy, 1793.
- Memoirs of Doctor Burney, London: Moxon, 1832.
Journals and letters
- The Early Diary of Frances Burney 1768-1778, (2 vols.) ed. Annie Raine Ellis. London: 1889.
- The Diary and Letters of Madame D'Arblay, ed. Austin Dobson. Macmillan, 1904.
- The Diary of Fanny Burney, ed. Lewis Gibbs. Everyman; Dent, 1971.
- Dr. Johnson & Fanny Burney, (HTML at Virginia) by Fanny Burney. Ed. Chauncy Brewster Tinker. London: Jonathan Cape, 1912.
- The Journal and Letters of Fanny Burney (Madame D'Arblay) 1791-1840, (12 vols.) Vols. I-VI, ed. Joyce Hemlow, with Patricia Boutilier and Althea Douglas; Vol. VII, eds. Edward A. and Lillian D. Bloom; Vol. VIII, ed. Peter Hughes; Vols. IX-X, ed. Warren Derry; Vols. XI-XII, ed. Joyce Hemlow with Althea Douglas and Patricia Hawkins. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1972-1984.
- The Witlings, 1779, (satiric comedy). http://www.pseudopodium.org/repress/witlings/index.html
- Edwy and Elgiva, 1790, (verse tragedy). Produced at Drury Lane, 21 March 1795.
- Hubert de Vere, 1788-91? (verse tragedy).
- The Siege of Pevensey, 1788-91? (verse tragedy).
- Elberta, (fragment) 1788-91? (verse tragedy).
- Love and Fashion, 1799, (satiric comedy).
- The Woman Hater, 1800-1801, (satiric comedy).
- A Busy Day, 1800-1801, (satiric comedy).
Works about Burney
- “D'Arblay, Frances” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|