|←Author Index: Ra||George Rawlinson
English scholar and historian.
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles written by this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "G. R."
- A translation of History by Herodotus, with Henry Rawlinson and John Gardiner Wilkinson, 1858-1860.
- The Five Great Monarchies of the Ancient Eastern World, 1862-67
- The Sixth Great Oriental Monarchy (Parthian), 1873
- The Seventh Great Oriental Monarchy (Sassanian), 1875
- Manual of Ancient History, 1869
- Historical Illustrations of the Old Testament, 1871
- The Origin of Nations, 1877
- Ancient Egypt (with Arthur Gilman), 1881. This Tenth edition published 1886.
- Egypt and Babylon, 1885
- History of Phoenicia, 1889
- Parthia, 1893
- Memoir of Major-General Sir HC Rawlinson, 1898
- "Herodotus" in the 9th edition of the Encyclopædia Britannica.
- “Herodotus” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911. (in part)
Works about Rawlinson 
- “Rawlinson, George” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|