|←Author Index: Ca||Gerolamo Cardano
|An Italian Renaissance mathematician, physician, astrologer and gambler. His gambling led him to formulate elementary rules in probability, making him one of the founders of the field..|
||There are no works on Wikisource by this author. If you'd like to add a new text, please review Help:Adding texts.|
- De malo recentiorum medicorum usu libellus, Venice, 1536 (on medicine).
- Practica arithmetice et mensurandi singularis, Milan, 1539 (on mathematics).
- Artis magnae, sive de regulis algebraicis (also known as Ars magna), Nuremberg, 1545 (on algebra).
- De immortalitate (on alchemy).
- Opus novum de proportionibus (on mechanics).
- Contradicentium medicorum (on medicine).
- De subtilitate rerum, Nuremberg, Johann Petreius, 1550 (on natural phenomena).
- De libris propriis, Leiden, 1557 (commentaries).
- De varietate rerum, Basle, Heinrich Petri, 1559 (on natural phenomena).
- De Methodo medendi, 1565
- Opus novum de proportionibus numerorum, motuum, ponderum, sonorum, aliarumque rerum mensurandarum. Item de aliza regula, Basel, 1570.
- De vita propria, 1576 (autobiography).
- Liber de ludo aleae, ("On Casting the Die") posthumous (on probability).
- De Musica, ca 1546 (on music theory), posthumously published in Hieronymi Cardani Mediolensis opera omnia, Sponius, Lyons, 1663
- De Consolatione, Venice, 1542
- "Chapters III-IV" (discussing Jérôme Cardan's works) in The Origins of Statics by Pierre Duhem, 1906.
- "Jerome Cardan", W. G. Waters, The Gentleman's Magazine, Volume 271, October 1891, pp. 384-397
- “Cardan, Girolamo” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Girolamo Cardan,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- “Cardan, Jerome” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.