|←Author Index: Sm||Goldwin Smith
British-Canadian historian and journalist.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "G. S."
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- “Female Suffrage,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 5, August 1874
- “The Decline of Party Government,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 11, October 1877
- “The Machinery of Elective Government,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 20, March 1882
- “Has Science Yet Found a New Basis for Morality?,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 20, April 1882
- The hatred of England (May 1890)
- Canada and the Canadian Question (1891)
- “Cardwell, Edward (1813-1886),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
The author died in 1910, so works by this author are in the public domain in Canada because, according to Canadian copyright law, all private copyrights expire fifty years after the year marking the death of the author. Works by this author also in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|