Author:Henry Austin Dobson
|←Author Index: Do||Henry Austin Dobson
An English poet, biographer and essayist.
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "A. D."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "A. D."
- Fielding (1883), republished 1907, in the "England Men of Letters" series edited by Thomas Morley
- "Sat est Scripsisse" The Yellow Book. Volume 2 (1894).
- Ars Victrix (1876)
- The Forgotten Grave (1876)
- To Ethel (1878)
- A Roman "Round-Robin"
- A Rondeau (1882) republished in Notes by the Way
- On the Belfry Tower (1887)
- The Prayer of the Swine to Circe
- From A Treasury of War Poetry, ... 1914-1919 (1917):
- Anstey, Christopher
- Anstey, John
- Beardmore, Nathaniel
- Beauclerk, Diana
- Bewick, Jane
- Bewick, John
- Bewick, Robert Elliot
- Bewick, Thomas
- Bewick, William
- Boitard, Louis Peter
- Bramston, James
- Bunbury, Henry William
- Caldecott, Randolph
- Cambridge, Richard Owen
- Canning, Elizabeth
- Charlotte Augusta (1796-1817)
- Clennell, Luke
- Codrington, Christopher
- Craig, William Marshall
- Cruikshank, George
- Cruikshank, Isaac (1756?-1811?)
- Cruikshank, Isaac Robert
- Doyle, John (1797-1868)
- Doyle, Richard
- Gay, John (1685-1732)
- Gillray, James
- Good, Thomas Sword
- Harvey, William (1796-1866)
- Hogarth, William (1697-1764)
- Keene, Charles Samuel
- Leech, John (1817-1864)
- Nesbit, Charlton
- Prior, Matthew
- Ramsay, Allan (1713-1784)
- Roubiliac, Louis François
- Rowlandson, Thomas
- Steele, Richard (1672-1729)
- Walpole, Horatio (1717-1797)
- Wilkie, David
- Zoffany, John
- Locker-Lampson, Frederick (DNB01)
- “Addison, Joseph” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911. ('in part)
- “Fielding, Henry” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Kauffmann, Angelica” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Locker-Lampson, Frederick” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Prior, Matthew” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Richardson, Samuel” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Steele, Sir Richard” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911. (in part)
- “Sterne, Laurence” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911. (in part)
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1929, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.