Author:Herbert Eustace Maxwell
|←Author Index: Ma||Herbert Eustace Maxwell
Sir Herbert Maxwell, 7th Baronet on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Scottish novelist, essayist, Conservative politician and horticulturalist— Excerpted from |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "H. E. M."
- Meridiana, Noontide Essays (1892)
- Scottish land-names; their origin and meaning (1894) 
- Sir Lucian Elphin (1889),
- The Letter of the Law (1890),
- A Duke of Britain (1895),
- Afternoon Essays (1895)
- Rainy Days in a Library (1896)
- Robert the Bruce and the struggle for Scottish independence (1897)
- A history of the house of Douglas from the earliest times down to the legislative union of England and Scotland in 2 vols. (1902) v.1 v.2
- Memories of the Months (4 series)
- Story of the Tweed (1905)
- Chevalier of the Splendid Crest (1900),
- Scottish gardens; being a representative selection of different types, old and new (1908) 
- The early chronicles relating to Scotland (1912) 
- The chronicle of Lanercost, 1272-1346 (1913) 
- Annals of the Scottish Widows' Fund Life Assurance Society during one hundred years, 1815-1914 (1914) 
- "Lives" of W.H. Smith, Wellington, Romney, etc.
Articles in Popular Science Monthly 
- Smith, William Henry (1825-1891)
- Villiers, Edward (1656-1711)
- Villiers, George Bussy
- Villiers, George Child-
- Warburton, Rowland Eyles Egerton-
- Whyte-Melville, George John
- Cochrane-Baillie, Alexander Dundas Ross Wishart (DNB01)
- Herbert, George Robert Charles (DNB01)
- Murray, Charles Augustus (DNB01)
Works about Maxwell 
- Chairman and Board of Trustees of the National Library of Scotland in The Times
- Knight of the Thistle in The Times
- Death: Herbert Eustace Maxwell, Bt. in The Times
|Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1937, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 75 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.