|←Author Index: Ta||Hippolyte Adolphe Taine
|A French critic and historian.|
- History of English Literature (1873) (External scan)
- Art in the Netherlands (1868), translated by J. Durand (1874)
- Origins of Contemporary France (1876) (External scan)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works About Taine
- “Taine, Hippolyte Adolphe,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Taine, Professor Hippolyte Adolphe” by Joseph McCabe in A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Freethinkers, 1945.
- H. A. Taine (1869) (External scan)
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.