Author:Horace Carter Hovey
|←Author Index: Ho||Horace Carter Hovey
A.M., D.D. Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, Geological Society of America, National Geographic Society and Societe de Speleologie (France) Author of Celebrated American Caverns; Handbook of Mammoth Cave of Kentucky; &c.|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "H. C. H."
- “Colossal Cavern” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Jacobs Cavern” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Luray Cavern” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Mammoth Cave” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Wyandotte Cave” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- "HOVEY, Horace Carter". Who's Who in America. vol. 5: pp. 927–928. 1908.
- "REV. HORACE C. HOVEY DEAD". NY Times. July 28, 1914.
- Horace Carter Hovey & Richard Ellsworth Call (1912). Mammoth Cave of Kentucky (revised edn. ed.). Louisville, Kentucky: John P. Morton & Co.
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1914, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 99 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.