Author:James Knox Polk
|←Author Index: Po||James Knox Polk
|John Tyler; succeeded by Zachary Taylor. 11th Governor of Tennessee (1839 - 1841), Democratic House Representative from Tennessee (1825 - 1839).Eleventh President of the United States (1845 – 1849), with George M. Dallas, succeeding|
State of the Union addresses
- First State of the Union address, (1845)
- Second State of the Union address, (1846)
- Third State of the Union address, (1847)
- Fourth State of the Union address, (1848)
- “The Result of the Election,” in the The American Review: A Whig Journal Volume 1, February 1845
- “Polk, James Knox” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Polk, James Knox” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1885.
- “Polk, James Knox,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Polk, James Knox” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Polk, James Knox” by William Robertson Smith in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “James K. Polk” by George Bancroft in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- “Polk, James Knox,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Polk, James Knox” by William E. Dodd in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Polk, James Knox,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|