Author:John Allen Giles
|←Author Index: Gi||John Allen Giles
|British clergyman, translator and Head Master of the City of London School (1836-40). He wrote on ecclesiastical, antiquarian and educational subjects.|
- Life and Times of Alfred the Great
- Life and Letters of Thomas à Becket
- The History of Bampton
- The History of Witney
- History of the Ancient Britons
- First Lessons on Various Subjects
- Keys to the Classics
- History of the Britons, attributed to Nennius
- History of the Kings of Britain, by Geoffrey of Monmouth (1136)
- Lives of the holy abbots of Wearmouth and Jarrow by Bede (8th century)
Works about Giles
- “Giles, John Allen,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.