Author:John Atkinson Hobson
|←Author Index: Ho||John Atkinson Hobson
|English economist and imperial critic, widely popular as a lecturer and writer.|
||There are no works on Wikisource by this author. If you'd like to add a new text, please review Help:Adding texts.|
- The Physiology of Industry (1889).
- Problems of Poverty (1891).
- Evolution of Modern Capitalism (1894).
- Problem of the Unemployed (1896).
- John Ruskin: Social Reformer (1898).
- The Economics of Distribution (1900).
- The War in South Africa: Its Causes and Effects (1900).
- Psychology of Jingoism (1901).
- The Social Problem (1901).
- Imperialism (1902).
- International Trade (1904).
- Canada Today (1906).
- The Crisis of Liberalism (1909).
- The Industrial System (1909).
- A Modern Outlook (1910).
- The Science of Wealth (1911).
- An Economic Interpretation of Investment (1911).
- Industrial Unrest (1912).
- The German Panic (1913).
- Gold, Prices and Wages (1913).
- Work and Wealth, A Human Valuation (1914).
- Traffic in Treason, A Study in Political Parties (1914).
- Towards International Government (1915).
- Western Civilization (1915).
- The New Protectionism (1916).
- Labour and the Costs of War (1916).
- Democracy after the War (1917).
- Forced Labor (1917).
- 1920: Dips into the Near Future (1917/1918).
- Taxation and the New State (1919).
- Richard Cobden: The International Man (1919).
- The Obstacles to Economic Recovery in Europe (1920).
- The Economics of Restoration (1921).
- Problems of a New World (1921).
- Incentives in the New Industrial Order (1922).
- The Economics of Unemployment (1922).
- Notes on Law and Order (1926).
- The Living Wage (with H. N. Brailsford, A. Creech Jones, E.F. Wise) (1926).
- The Conditions of Industrial Peace (1927).
- Wealth and Life (1929).
- Rationalisation and Unemployment (1930).
- God and Mammon (1931).
- Poverty in Plenty (1931).
- L.T. Hobhouse, His Life and Work (1931).
- The Recording Angel (1932).
- Saving and Spending: Why Production is Clogged (1932).
- From Capitalism to Socialism (1932).
- Rationalism and Humanism (1933).
- Democracy and a Changing Civilization (1934).
- Veblen (1936).
- Property and Improperty (1937).
- Le Sens de la responsibilité dans la vie sociale (with Herman Finer and Hanna Mentor) (1938).
- Confessions of an Economic Heretic (1938).
- J.A. Hobson: Imperialism, A Study (1902) at www.marxists.org
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1940, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 70 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.