Author:John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton
(Redirected from Author:John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton)
|←Author Index: Ac||Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg- Acton
|Sir Ferdinand Dalberg-Acton and grandson of the Neapolitan admiral, Sir John Acton. He was born in Naples, Italy.English historian, the only son of|
- Historical Essays and Studies
- History of Freedom and Other Essays (page scans)
- Lectures on Modern History
- Lectures on the French revolution 
- Lord Acton and his circle 
- Selections from the correspondence of the first Lord Acton 
- Letters of Lord Acton to Mary, daughter of the Right Hon. W.E. Gladstone 
- The Cambridge Modern History (planner and first editor) (1912)
Works about Acton
- “John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, Baron Acton,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- “Acton (John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton), 1st Baron” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Acton, John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton, 1st Lord” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Acton, John Emerich Edward Dalberg,” in Dictionary of National Biography Second Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1912) in 3 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.