Author:John Gardner Wilkinson
|←Author Index: Wi||John Gardner Wilkinson
|Well-known English traveller, writer and pioneer Egyptologist of the 19th century.|
- Materia Hieroglyphica, 1828
- The Topography of Thebes and General View of Egypt, 1835
- Manners and Customs of the Ancient Egyptians, including their private life, government, laws, arts, manufactures, religion, agriculture, and early history, derived from a comparison of the paintings, sculptures, and monuments still existing, with the accounts of ancient authors, (6 volumes, 1837-41).
- A translation of History by Herodotus, with Henry Rawlinson and George Rawlinson, 1858-1860.
Works about Wilkinson
- “Wilkinson, Sir John Gardner” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Wilkinson, John Gardner,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Wilkinson, John Gardner,” in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886 by Foster, Joseph, Oxford: Parker and Co., 1888-1892.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.