|←Author Index: Ga||John Gay
|English poet and dramatist.|
- The Beggar's Opera
- The Present State of Wit (1711) In a Letter to a Friend in the Country
- The Captive
- Fables, 1727
- A New Song of New Similies, 1727
- The Shepherd's Week, 1714
- Wine, A Poem, 1708
- Achilles: An Opera
- Black-Eyed Susan
Works about Gay 
- “Gay, John” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Gay, John (1685-1732),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|