Author:John Ramsay McCulloch
|←Author Index: Mc||John Ramsay McCulloch
|Scottish economist, statistician, author and editor|
||There are no works on Wikisource by this author. If you'd like to add a new text, please review Help:Adding texts.|
- An Essay on a Reduction of the Interest of the National Debt (1816).
- 'On Ricardo's Principles of Political Economy and Taxation' (1818), in: Edinburgh Review.
- 'Taxation and the Corn Laws' (1820), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'The Opinions of Messrs. Say, Sismondi and Malthus, on Effects of Machinery and Accumulation' (1821), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'On Combination Laws, Restraints on Emigration, &c.' (1824), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'Political Economy' (1824), in: Encyclopædia Britannica.
- 'French Law of Succession' (1824), in: Edinburgh Review.
- A Discourse on the Rise, Progress, Peculiar Objects and Importance of Political Economy : containing an Outline of a Course of Lectures on the Principles and Doctrines of that Science (1824).
- The Principles of Political Economy, with a sketch of the rise and progress of the science (1825).
- An Essay on the Circumstances which Determine the Rate of Wages and the Condition of the Working Classes (1826).
- 'On Commercial Revulsions' (1826), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'Abolition of the Corn Laws' (1826), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'On Poor Laws' (1828), in: Edinburgh Review
- 'Rise, Progress, Present State, and Prospects of the British Cotton Manufacture' (1827), in: Edinburgh Review.
- 'Introduction' to An Inquiry Into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith (ed. J.R. McCulloch) (1828).
- 'Jones on the Theory of Rent' (1831), in: Edinburgh Review.
- Principles, Practice and History of Commerce (1831).
- 'Chalmers on Political Economy' (1832), in: Edinburgh Review.
- A Dictionary, Practical, Theoretical and Historical of Commerce and Commercial Navigation (1832).
- A Descriptive and Statistical Account of the British Empire, exhibiting its extent, physical capacities, population, industry, and civil and religious institutions; 2 volumes (1837).
- Statements Illustrative of the Policy and Probable Consequence of the Proposed Repeal of the Existing Corn Law (1841).
- The Literature of Political Economy (1845).
- The Works of David Ricardo, Esq. with a notice of the life and writings of the author (ed. J.R. McCulloch) (1846).
- A Treatise on the Succession to Property Vacant by Death (1848).
- A Treatise on Metallic and Paper Money and Banks (1858).
- Treatises and Essays (1859).
- A Treatise on the Principles and Practical Influence of Taxation and the Funding System (1863).
Works about John Ramsay McCulloch
- “McCulloch, John Ramsay,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.