Author:Joseph Shield Nicholson
|←Author Index: Ni||Joseph Shield Nicholson
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "J. S. N."
- Effects of Machinery on Wages (1878)
- Tenant's Gain not Landlord's Loss (1883)
- The Silver Question (1886)
- Money and Monetary Problems (1888)
- Historical Progress and Ideal Socialism (1894)
- Strikes and Social Problems (1896)
- Elements of Political Economy (1903)
- History of the English Corn Laws (1904)
- Rates and Taxes (1905)
- Rents, Wages, and Profits in Agriculture and Rural Depopulation (1906)
- A Project of Empire (1909)
- Tales from Ariosto (1913)
- Life and Genius of Ariosto (1914)
- War finance (1917)
Articles in Encyclopaedia Britannica
- “Usury” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Value” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Wages” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Wealth” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1927, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.