|←Author Index: St||Joseph Strayer
|American medievalist historian|
- Administration of Normandy Under Saint Louis (1932) (copyright not renewed)
- The Middle Ages, 395-1500 (1942) - an extended textbook survey. Originally co-authored by Dana C. Munro in 1942, by the 1959 4th edition it was mostly all Strayer. Cantor says it is important for "its brilliant summary of European political history from about 1050 to 1350".
- The Interpretation of History (1950)
- Western Europe in the Middle Ages: A Short History, 1955 (copyright not renewed)
- The Course of Civilization (1961) (copyright not renewed)
- Feudalism (1965)
- On the Medieval Origins of the Modern State (1970)
- Medieval statecraft and the perspectives of history (1971)
- The Albigensian Crusade (1972)
- The Royal Domain in the Bailliage of Rouen (1976)
- The Reign of Philip the Fair (1980)
- Dictionary of the Middle Ages, editor (1982 to 1989)
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they are legally published within the United States (or the United Nations Headquarters in New York subject to Section 7 of the United States Headquarters Agreement) before 1964, and copyright was not renewed.
It is imperative that contributors search the renewal databases and ascertain that there is no evidence of a copyright renewal before using this license. Failure to do so will result in the deletion of the work as a copyright violation. The author died in 1987, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 25 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.