Author:Ludwig van Beethoven
|←Author Index: Be||Ludwig van Beethoven
|Ludwig van Beethoven on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.German composer and pianist. He was a crucial figure in the transitional period between the Classical and Romantic eras in Western classical music, and remains one of the most acclaimed and influential of all composers.— Excerpted from|
About Beethoven and his works
- “Ludwig Van Beethoven,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- "Beethoven, Louis Van," Complete Encyclopaedia of Music, 1880.
- “Beethoven, Ludwig van” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- Ludwig van Beethoven, University Musical Encyclopedia
- Beethoven's Ninth Symphony by George Grove (transcription project)
- Ode to Joy (in 1785)
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.