Author:Matthew Fontaine Maury
|←Author Index: Ma||Matthew Fontaine Maury
|Officer in the United States Navy; American oceanographer, astronomer, meteorologist, cartographer, author, geologist, microscopist, scientist, historian, and educator.|
Transcription by William Maury Morris aka "Brother Officer"
- Physical Geography Of The Sea. New York: Harper & Brothers. 1855. Transcription by William Maury Morris II
- (Wikipedia article on Matthew Fontaine Maury and Wikisource book transcribed)
- Whaling Charts
- Wind and Current Charts
- Sailing Directions
- U.S.Navy Contributions to Science and Commerce (1847)
- Explanations and Sailing Directions to Accompany the Wind and Current Charts, 1851, 1854, 1855
- Lieut. Maury’s Investigations of the Winds and Currents of the Sea, 1851
- On the Probable Relation between Magnetism and the Circulation of the Atmosphere, 1851
- Maury’s Wind and Current Charts: Gales in the Atlantic, 1857
- The Physical Geography of the Sea, 1855, 1856, 1859
- Observations to Determine the Solar Parallax, 1856
- Amazon, and the Atlantic Slopes of South America, 1853
- Commander M. F. Maury on American Affairs, 1861
- The Physical Geography of the Sea and Its Meteorology, 1861, 1874
- Maury’s New Elements of Geography for Primary and Intermediate Classes
- Geography: "First Lessons"
- Elementary Geography: Designed for Primary and Intermediate Classes.
- Geography: "The World We Live In" by M. F. Maury
- Published Address of Com. M. F. Maury, before the Fair of the Agricultural & Mechanical Society.
- Geology: A Physical Survey of Virginia; Her Geographical Position, Its Commercial Advantages and National Importance, Virginia Military Institute, 1869
- “Maury's Vindication of the South,” in the Southern Historical Society Papers Volume 1, February 1876 (written 1871)
- “Patriotic Letters of Confederate Leaders,” in the Southern Historical Society Papers Volume 2, July 1876, reply to Konstantin Nikolayevich Romanov
- First International Maritime Conference Held for Devising an Uniform System of Meteorological Observations at Sea Organized by Matthew Fontaine Maury, U.S.N. Official Report. (1853)
Addresses delivered by Matthew Fontaine Maury
- For the Philodemic Society at the commencement of Georgetown College on August 28, 1846.
- Address Before The Literary Societies of the University of Virginia on June 28th, 1855.
Articles in The Popular Science Monthly Project
Works about Matthew Fontaine Maury
- Matthew Fontaine Maury Biography by Diane Fontaine Maury-Corbin
- “Obituary: Matthew Fontaine Maury,” in Popular Science Monthly Volume 2, April 1873
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|