Author:Matthias Jakob Schleiden
|←Author Index: Sc||Matthias Jakob Schleiden
German botanist, co-founder of the |
Standard botanical author abbreviation: Schleid.
Schleiden wrote in German; only English translations are listed here.
- Schleiden, Matthias Jakob; Lankester, Edwin (translator) (1845), Principles of Scientific Botany; Or, Botany as an Inductive Science
- Schleiden, Matthias Jakob; Henfrey, Arthur (translator) (1848), The Plant; A Biography
- American edition published in 1853 under the title Poetry of the Vegetable World
Works about Schleiden
- “Schleiden, Matthias Jakob” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- [unattributed] (1882), "Sketch of Matthias Jacob Schleiden" in Popular Science Monthly 22 (December 1882.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|