Author:Melville Weston Fuller
(Redirected from Author:Melvin Fuller)
|←Author Index: Fu||Melville Weston Fuller
|Chief Justice of the United States (1888-1910), appointed by President Grover Cleveland. His predecessor was Morrison Waite. His successor was Edward Douglass White.8th|
Supreme Court Opinions
Opinions of the Court
- Kennedy Mining Milling Company v. Argonaut Mining Company, 189 U.S. 1 (1902)
- Arbuckle v. Blackburn, 191 U.S. 405 (1903)
- Gonzales v. Williams, 192 U.S. 1 (1904)
- Chesebrough v. United States, 192 U.S. 253 (1904)
- Hewit v. Berlin Machine Works, 194 U.S. 296 (1904)
- In re Christensen Engineering Company, 194 U.S. 458 (1904)
- Armour Packing Company v. Lacy, 200 U.S. 226 (1906)
- Lincoln v. United States, 202 U.S. 484 (1906)
- Johnson v. Mueser, 212 U.S. 283 (1909)
- Haffner v. Dobrinski, 215 U.S. 446 (1909)
Incomplete listing of opinions available on Wikisource
Concurring in part and dissenting in part
- United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898)
- “Fuller, Melville Weston,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1900.
- “Fuller, Melville Weston,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1906.
- “Fuller, Melville Weston” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Fuller, Melville Weston,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Fuller, Melville Weston” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Fuller, Melville Weston,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.