Author:Morrison Remick Waite
|←Author Index: Wa||Morrison Remick Waite
|Chief Justice of the United States (1874-1888), appointed by President Ulysses S. Grant. His predecessor was Salmon P. Chase. He was succeeded by Melville Fuller.7th|
Supreme Court Opinions
Opinions of the Court
- Tappan Collector v. Merchants' National Bank, 86 U.S. 490
- Osborne v. United States, 86 U.S. 577
- United States v. Cook, 86 U.S. 591
- Warren v. Van Brunt, 86 U.S. 646
- Board of Commissioners v. Gorman, 86 U.S. 661
Incomplete listing of opinions available on Wikisource
Concurring in part and dissenting in part
- “Waite, Morrison Remich” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Waite, Henry Matson,” Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography. New York: D. Appleton and Co., 1889.
- “Waite, Morrison Remick,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Waite, Morrison Remick” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Waite, Morrison Remich,” The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co., 1914.
- “Waite, Morrison Remick” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
- “Waite, Morrison Remich,” Collier's New Encyclopedia. New York: P.F. Collier & Son Co., 1921.