Author:Mountstuart Elphinstone Grant Duff
(Redirected from Author:Mountstuart E. Grant Duff)
|←Author Index: Du||Mountstuart Elphinstone Grant Duff
Order of the Star of India; Scottish politician, statesman, and author. Governor of Madras, India.
Knight Grand Commander of the |
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "M. G. D."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "M. G. D."
- Studies in European politics (1866) (External scan)
- Elgin speeches (1871) (External scan)
- Notes of an Indian journey (1876) (External scan)
- Ernest Renan, in memoriam (1893) (External scan)
- Notes from a diary, 1851-1872 (1897) in 2 vols. (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- The Victorian anthology (1902) (External scan)
- Out of the past : some biographical essays (1903) in 2 vols. (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Gems from the Victorian anthology (1904) (External scan)
- Notes from a diary, 1896 to January 23, 1901 (1905) in 2 vols. (External scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- The Club, 1764-1905 (1905) (External scan)
- “Bruce, Henry Austin,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.
- “Ampthill, Odo William Leopold Russell, 1st Baron” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Derby, 15th Earl of” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “Oliphant, Laurence” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
Works about Duff
- “Obituary: Sir Mountstuart Grant Duff” in The Times (1906)
- “Duff, Sir Mountstuart E. Grant” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.