|←Author Index: El||Oliver Ellsworth
|Chief Justice of the United States (1796-1800), appointed by President George Washington. He succeeded John Rutledge. His successor was John Marshall.3rd|
- New York v. Connecticut 4 U.S. 1 (1799)
- “Ellsworth, Oliver” in The American Cyclopædia, 1879
- “Ellsworth, Oliver,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Ellsworth, Oliver” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Ellsworth, Oliver” in The Encyclopedia Americana. New York, 1920.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.