|←Author Index: Wi||Owen Wister
|American writer and "father" of western fiction|
- Red men and white (1896)
- Lin McLean (1898)
- The Jimmyjohn boss, and other stories (1900)
- Ulysses S. Grant (1900)
- The Virginian, a horseman of the plains (1902)
- Philosophy 4: a story of Harvard university (1903)
- A journey in search of Christmas (1904)
- Lady Baltimore (1906)
- Mother (1907)
- Members of the family (1911)
- “Theodore Roosevelt” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914.
- The Pentecost of calamity (1915)
- The seven ages of Washington; a biography (1917)
- Neighbors henceforth (1922)
- The new Swiss family Robinson. A tale for children of all ages (1922)
Works about Owen Wister
- “Wister, Owen,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Wister, Owen,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1938, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 75 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.