|←Author Index: Ho||Raphael Holinshed
- The Chronicles of England, Scotland, and Ireland, or Holinshed's Chronicles
- The Chronicles of England, Scotlande, and Irelande (London 1577)
- The Chronicles of England, Scotland, and Ireland (London 1587)
- William Shakespeare's primary reference work for most of his histories and many of his other plays, including Macbeth.
Works about Holinshed 
- “Holinshed, or Hollingshead, Raphael or Ralph” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Holinshed, Raphael,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|