|←Author Index: De||René Descartes
|Dubbed the Founder of Modern Philosophy and the Father of Modern Mathematics.|
- Rules for the Direction of the Mind (1628)
- Discourse on the Method (1637)
- La Géométrie (1637)
- Optics (1637)
- Meditations on First Philosophy (1641)
- Objections and Replies (1642)
- Principles of Philosophy (1644)
- Comments on a Certain Broadsheet (1647)
- Passions of the Soul (1649)
Works on Descartes
- “Descartes, René” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911.
- “René Descartes,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- "Sketch of Rene Descartes", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 37, October 1890
- Descartes by John Pentland Mahaffy (1880)
- "Descartes to Newton" in A History of Mathematics by Florian Cajori (1893)
On his works
- "Second Book: The Great Systems" from A Brief History of Modern Philosophy by Harald Høffding (1912)
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.