|←Author Index: To||Robert Torrens
|Robert Richard TorrensColonel in Royal Marines, of Irish extraction; political economist, MP, owner of the influential Globe newspaper and prolific writer, father of the politician|
- The Economists Refuted, 1808
- Celibia Choosing a Husband (1809), a novel
- An Essay on Money and Paper Currency, 1812.
- An Essay on the External Corn Trade, 1815.
- An Essay on the Production of Wealth, 1821.
- Letters on Commercial Policy, 1833.
- On Wages and Combination, 1834.
- The Principles and Practical Operation of Sir Robert Peel's Bill of 1844, 1844.
- Tracts on Finance and Trade, 1852.
Works about Torrens
- “Torrens, Robert,” in A Compendium of Irish Biography by Alfred Webb, Dublin: M. H. Gill & Son (1878).
- “Torrens, Robert,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.