|←Author Index: Pu||Samuel Purchas
|English travel writer, probably born 1575 to 1577|
- Purchas his Pilgrimage, or Relations of the World and the Religions observed in all Ages and Places (1613)
- Purchas, his Pilgrim. Microcosmus, or the histories of Man. Relating the wonders of his Generation, vanities in his Degeneration, Necessity of his Regeneration, (1619)
- Hakluytus Posthumus or Purchas his Pilgrimes, contayning a History of the World in Sea Voyages and Lande Travells, by Englishmen and others (4 vols.), (1625)
- The latter reptinted in 1904-1905 with original volumes broken into over a dozen:
Works about Purchas
- “Purchas, Samuel,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Purchas, Samuel” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
|Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.|