Author:Samuel White Baker
|←Author Index: Ba||Samuel White Baker
|British explorer, officer, naturalist, big game hunter, engineer, writer and abolitionist.|
- The Rifle And Hound In Ceylon. (1853)
- Eight Years' Wanderings In Ceylon. (1855)
- The Albert N'Yanza Great Basin Of The Nile; And Exploration Of The Nile Sources. (1866)
- The Nile Tributaries Of Abyssinia; And The Sword Of Hamran Arabs. (1867)
- Cast Up By The Sea Or The Adventures Of Ned Grey, A Book For Boys. (1869)
- Ismailia - A Narrative Of The Expedition To Central Africa For The Suppression Of Slave Trade, Organised By Ismail, Khadive Of Egypt. (1874)
- Cyprus As I Saw It In 1879 (1879)
- In The Heart Of Africa. (1886)
- Wild Beasts And Their Ways, Reminescenses Of Europe, Asia, Africa And America. (1890)
- True Tales For My Grandsons. (1891)
Works about Baker
- Sir Samuel White Baker: A Memoir by T. Douglass Murray & Arthur S. White. Published by MacMillan & Co. 1895 London.
- Baker Of The Nile by Dorothy Middleton. Published by Falcon Press, 1949, London.
- To The Heart Of The Nile: Lady Florence Baker and the Exploration of Central Africa, by Pat Shipman. Published by Harper Collins, NY, 2004
- The Perfect Victorian Hero: The Life And Times Of Sir Samuel White Baker by Michael Brander. Published by Mainstream Pub. Co. 1982, London and Edinburgh.
- Four Fathers of Big Game Hunting: Biographical Sketches Of The Sporting Lives Of William Cotton Oswell, Henry Astbury Leveson, Samuel White Baker & Roualeyn George Gordon Cumming, by T. R. Thormanby. Published Read Country Book, 2007
Works by this author published before January 1, 1923 are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.