Author:Silvanus Phillips Thompson
|←Author Index: Th||Silvanus Phillips Thompson
Electrical engineer and author; Professor of physics at the City and Guilds Technical College in Finsbury, England
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "S. P. T."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "S. P. T."
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, 1912 supplement.
- Michael Faraday: his life and work (1898) (External scan)
- Calculus Made Easy (2nd edition 1914) (External scan) (also available reset in LaTeX at Project Gutenberg)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
- "Education as a Hindrance to Manual Occupations", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 18, November 1880
- "Methods in Industrial Education", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 18, December 1880
- "Optical Illusions of Motion", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 18, February 1881
Works about Thompson
- "THOMPSON, Sylvanus Phillips" (1907). Who's Who, 59: p. 1740.
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were published before January 1, 1923.
The author died in 1916, so works by this author are also in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 80 years or less. Works by this author may also be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.